When transforming the oil on her moment-g.com moment-g.com 500, constantly wear safety and security glasses and nitrile gloves. Always check and readjust the oil at the intervals outlined in the periodic Maintenance graph in your Owner"s Manual. The crankcase drain plug is located on the bottom the the crankcase. Access the drainpipe plug native the bottom the the vehicle. To readjust the oil and also filter, perform the following:
You are watching: Polaris ranger 500 transmission fluid change
place the car on a level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. place the infection in PARK.
3. begin the engine. Allow it to warm up at idle because that 2 to 3 minutes.
4. avoid the engine.
5. lift the cargo box.
6. Clean the area around the oil cap.
7. eliminate the oil cap.
8. Clean the area roughly the drainpipe plug.
9. ar a drainpipe pan in ~ the engine crankcase. Tip: place a rag in the bottom that the drainpipe pan to protect against splashing the oil.
10. eliminate the drainpipe plug using a 6mm Allen socket. Caution: warm oil can cause burns to skin. Carry out not enable hot oil to contact skin.
11. permit the oil to drainpipe completely.
12. using the 2.5-inch (64mm) oil filter wrench, turn the filter counter-clockwise to remove it.
13. utilizing a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface ar on the crankcase. Ensure sure the old filter O-ring is fully removed.
14. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter through a movie of fresh engine oil. Inspect to make sure the O-ring is in good condition.
15. download the new filter and also rotate that clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, and then turn it secondary ¾ that a turn. The oil filter because that a moment-g.com 500 is part number 2540086.
16. download a brand-new sealing washer top top the drainpipe plug. The sealing surfaces on drain plug and also crankcase must be clean and complimentary of burrs, nicks or scratches. The sealing washer is component number 5812232.
17. Reinstall the drainpipe plug with the 6mm Allen socket and torque come 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
18. include 2 quarts (1.9 liters) of the recommended oil. The recommended oil is moment-g.com PS-4 complete Synthetic, i beg your pardon is part number 2876245 for 1 gallon and part number 2876244 because that 1 quart. Moment-g.com Oil readjust Kits come with the exactly amount of oil for your vehicle. The oil adjust kit for a moment-g.com 500 is component number 2202166. Note: Do no overfill.
19. Reinstall the engine oil dipstick and the oil fill cap.
20. begin the engine. Allow it to idle because that 1 to 2 minutes
21. protect against the engine.
22. examine for leaks.
23. Clean the area about the engine oil dipstick.
24. eliminate the dipstick and also check the oil level. Add oil as essential to bring the level come the upper mark on the dipstick.
25. Wipe up any kind of residual oil that might have built up on car components.
26. Dispose of the provided filter and also oil properly.
Programmable organization IntervalWhen the hrs of engine operation equal the programmed business interval setting, the wrench icon (6) ~ above the gauge will certainly flash because that 5 secs each time the engine is started. As soon as this attribute is enabled, it provides a convenient reminder to do routine maintenance.
The company interval is programmed at 50 hours at the factory. The business hours continuing to be will display screen in the information display screen area (3) that the rider details center. Change the engine oil and also filter in ~ the recommended service intervals.
To change the organization interval, carry out the following:
1. press the MODE switch (3) until remaining service hours display.
2. Press and hold the setting button.
3. once the organization hours flash, press and release the MODE button to advancement the hours to the desired setting (including OFF). Press and also hold the MODE switch to set the new service hour interval.
See more: How To Adjust A Poulan Pro Chainsaw Carburetor To High And Low Settings
For an ext information, watch your authorized moment-g.com Dealer. Find a dealer close to you with the Dealer Locator.More maintain tips, procedures and also specifications have the right to be found in your Owner"s Manual.To uncover diagrams and replacement component numbers, usage the online components catalog.